nProtein A Sepharose™ 4 Fast Flow is native protein A coupled to Sepharose™ 4 Fast Flow for the purification of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies at both laboratory and process scale.
- For antibody affinity chromatography
- Used in routine commercial production of monoclonal antibodies
- Cyanogen bromide activation coupling method
- Free from animal-derived components
- No significant change in chromatographic performance after 1 week storage using 8 M urea, 6 M gua-HCI, 2% benzyl alcohol or 20% ethanol
nProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow has nearly twice the total IgG binding capacity of Protein A Sepharose CL-4B, and is suitable for recovery and purification of monoclonal antibodies from cell culture at both laboratory and process scale. nProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow was developed and tested in co-operation with leading manufacturers of purified monoclonal antibody products, and is used in routine commercial production. As member of the BioProcess media range, nProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow meets industrial demands with security of supply and comprehensive technical and regulatory support.
The native protein A ligand is produced by fermenting a selected strain of Staphylococcus aureus. The purified protein is coupled to the cross-linked 4% agarose base matrix by the cyanogen bromide technique, giving a highly stable medium with minimal non-specific adsorption. nProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow is manufactured without using animal-derived components. Replaces Protein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow, the first Cytiva Protein A medium for large-scale purification of antibodies.