HiScreen SP FF columns are prepacked with SP Sepharose Fast Flow, a strong cation exchanger, and are part of the process development platform available from Cytiva. The columns are an excellent choice for method optimization and parameter screening.
- Prepacked, ready-to-use columns for convenient process development optimization
- 10 cm bed height of HiScreen columns is designed to allow method optimization and parameter screening
- Easily connected in series to achieve 20 cm bed height
- Small bed volume gives fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption
- Reproducible results, scalable to BioProcess columns packed with the same media using the same linear fluid velocity
The small column volume of 4.7 ml and bed height of 10 cm make HiScreen columns excellent tools for method optimization, parameter screening, robustness testing, and convenient scale-up. Process fluid velocities can be applied, since the 10 cm bed height gives enough residence time and the results can then serve as basis for linear process scale-up. If necessary, two columns can easily be connected in series to give a bed height of 20 cm. Media prepacked in HiScreen IEX FF columns are also available in other formats and as bulk packs, making it possible to use the same media for development work, pilot studies, and routine production.
The columns are an excellent choice for method optimization and parameter screening. SP Sepharose Fast Flow is a strong cation exchanger and IEX Sepharose Fast Flow medium are well-proven, industrial standards for ion exchange chromatography.