The Whatman Autovial Syringeless Filter replaces multiple syringe-coupled sample filtration devices with a single, disposable unit.
- Available in 5 or 12 ml capacity
- Single unit convenience – pre-assembled and easy to load
- Self-contained, preventing filter pop-off with hazardous samples
- Range of sterile or nonsterile membrane media available
- Built-in air purge maximizes sample recovery
- Glass fiber or polypropylene prefilter in selected 12 ml models – for difficult-to-filter samples
- Choice of glass fiber or polypropylene prefilters
Autovial from Cytiva's business combines Whatman quality membranes and devices with an all-in-one syringeless filter design.
Filtration involving multiple consumables like syringe filters, vials, and septa increases storage space required for these components and time required to perform sample filtration. Cytiva's Autovial combines all of these components into a single consumable.
Autovial devices are comprised of two parts: a graduated filter barrel and a plunger. Sample is poured into the filter barrel, and the plunger is inserted until the bottom is securely in place. The tip of the device is placed into the mouth of an autosampler vial and the plunger compressed.